In an earlier post, I mentioned that prom is nearing for a lot of schools and gave tips on how to save money for the event… But I never gave hints on how to ask someone to prom!
For some of you guys you probably think that asking a girl to prom should just be like any ordinary day, like asking her where she wants to eat for dinner, right? COMPLETELY WRONG. As a girl I am speaking for the majority of us when I say WE WANT YOU TO ASK US IN A REALLY CUTE WAY. We may deny that we don’t want you to go out of your way to ask us to prom in a special way, but we do… We really do.
So if you’re stuck on ideas or if you’re just not a creative thinker at all… Consider me your wingman!.. Er… Wingwoman.
- Send pizza to your girlfriend’s house with the word PROM? written in pepperonis or green peppers. Pretty “cheesy” I must admit, but I guarantee you she will say yes (and not on an empty stomach :P).
- Get four of your bros in on your plan! Have them put on white shirts that spell out the word PROM. Write the letter P on one shirt, R on one shirt, O on one shirt, and M on one shirt. On your own white shirt write a question mark. Have your friends stand in front of her doorway (in order so it spells PROM) and then come from behind them with your “?” once she answers the door. (Having some roses to give her wouldn’t hurt!) Maybe if your friends are up for it you can sing and dance to “The Prom Song” by The Prom Song Singers!
- Fill her locker, car, or room up with balloons that all say “Pop me for a special message.” Put a piece of paper in only one balloon that says “Will you go to prom with me?”
- While she’s at work, buy some glow in the dark stars and ask her parents if you can go into her room to spell “PROM?” with the stars on her ceiling! Seriously so cute and she will definitely dream of you!
- Grab some fortune cookies the next time you eat Chinese and carefully remove the message that is already inside and replace it with your own, something like “You will soon be going to prom with (your name).” And for her lucky numbers, write your phone number on the back! This idea might be a little difficult, but it’s definitely not impossible!
- When your girlfriend is sleeping or when she is away from her house, grab some sticky notes. Write “Will you go to prom with me?” on a BUNCH of them and put them all over her window on the outside. (Make sure you write it on the sticky side since she won’t be able to see the outside of them.) Text her and say “When you wake up, look out your window (:” It’s a great surprise! If she doesn’t have a window to get to, sticky note her car! Again, write the message on all the sticky notes and plaster them all over her car! She might be mad when she sees it from far away, but when she gets up close to read the messages, she will have to forgive you and say yes!
- If you’re feeling extra romantic, get two bags of tea light candles and spell the word “PROM?” with them on her driveway. Light them all up and then call her to come outside! Really thoughtful and precious. (Make sure you do this at night.)
For prom this year, do NOT take the easy road and decide on just a drab “Hey… go to prom with me?” Part of the experience is how you ask! Use one of these ideas, or come up with your own, and you’re sure to have a night to remember!